Special Needs Ministry for all age groups
Special needs ministry
Enhancing the lives of special needs families
Our mission is to compassionately provide spiritual growth through customized services for children, youth, and adults with special needs. Compass offers a place of hope and healing based on the Word of God for the special needs community as well as support for their families.
Our belief is that those with special needs are a vital part of God’s kingdom. Through Compass, we’re providing a sense of dignity, value, and inclusion within the Living Word family.
A learning environment with a host of special features
Participants who are prone to becoming overstimulated have the opportunity to be placed in a calming, sensory classroom. It also includes a “large muscle” play area built to enhance motor skill development.
Students participate in a flexible, safe, and developmentally appropriate church experience guided by teachers who are specifically trained to meet their needs.
Programs and Services
- An individualized service plan developed by the teacher and parent(s) to provide a comprehensive religious program for the student
- Bible class with a curriculum designed to meet each student’s needs
- Praise, worship, and prayer with a focus on the Gospel
- Hands-on, enriching activities that are developmentally appropriate
- Saturday night or Sunday morning services
- One-on-one sessions with paraprofessionals who provide individualized attention, focus, and friendship
Physical Health and Wellness
- Access to the on-site Wellness Center, including services such as nutrition, chiropractic care, and massage therapy
- Nutritional tips that encourage a healthy lifestyle
- Relationship-building with peers, families, and church
- Activity-based learning
- Inclusive activities with non-Compass peers (Available for high school seniors and younger.)
- Physical and occupational therapy as well as speech services provided on site or at a local clinic through a vetted third party
- Spiritual guidance, prayer, pastoral care, and consultation
- Supportive relationships and open communication with other families
- Network of community resources for speech, physical, and occupational therapy; plus doctors, dentists, etc.
- Family counseling, education, emotional support, and advocacy for parents and siblings
- Pro bono legal assistance with social security, medical assistance, and conservatorship
- Ongoing parent education and community partnerships
- Community engagement activities
- Respite events for families
- Positive local school relationships
New Families Start Here
Is this your first time to Living Word? Take a moment and fill out this form.
Contact Kristina at 763.315.7262
Office Hours: Mon.–Thur., 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
Living Word Office
Need prayer or care? 763.315.7096
Join us for family events
Send a prayer request
If you’re facing challenges in life, it can be easy to feel alone; however, that couldn’t be further from the truth. We’re here for you and we’d love the opportunity to pray for you!
Our desire is to create a safe, clean, and comforting environment for your kids while they have fun and learn about the love of God.
At LW Kids your children will hear God’s Word, discover their spiritual gifts, and enjoy an atmosphere of fun for in which they will flourish.
Plan your visit
Find the details you need and get your questions answered to make your first visit to Living Word comfortable and meaningful for you and your family.