Special Needs Ministry for all ages
Acceptance, faith, and advocacy.
Enhancing the lives of families with special needs
Compass offers a place of hope and healing based on the Word of God for the special needs and disability community as well as support for their families.
Our belief is that everyone is a vital part of God’s kingdom. Through Compass, we’re providing a sense of dignity, value, and inclusion within the Living Word family.
A learning environment with special features
Individuals can participate in a flexible, safe, and developmentally appropriate church experience guided by teachers and caregivers who are specifically trained to meet their needs. In addition, Compass offers a large muscle space, quiet space, and sensory-friendly tools and equipment.
Programs and services
- An individualized service plan developed by the teacher and parent(s) to provide building blocks for success.
- Bible curriculum, praise, worship, and hands-on enriching activities.
- Saturday night or Sunday morning services.
- One-on-one sessions with paraprofessionals who provide individualized attention, focus, and friendship.
- Discounted access to the on-site Wellness Center, including services such as nutrition, chiropractic care, and massage therapy.
- Partnerships with local resources offering speech and therapy services, case management, consultation, and more.
- Free respite events, family events, and discounts.
- Free topic seminars.
- Spiritual guidance, prayer, and consultation.
- Hospital visits.
- Educational support and advocacy.
- Relationship-building opportunities.
Head of Compass
New Families Start Here
Is this your first time to Living Word? Take a moment and fill out this form.
Living Word Office
Need prayer or care? 763.315.7000
Our desire is to create a safe, clean, and comforting environment for your kids while they have fun and learn about the love of God.
At LW Kids your children will hear God’s Word, discover their spiritual gifts, and enjoy an atmosphere of fun for in which they will flourish.