It is the mission of the Compass ministry to promote wholeness and spiritual growth for children, youth and adults within the special needs community. Our ministry exists to inspire complete healing from the Word of God; spirit, soul, mind and body, as well as support the family as a whole. We believe that persons with special needs are an important part of the church body and work to maintain a sense of inclusion and belonging within Living Word Christian Center.
What we offer
- Ministry with a unique curriculum, customized to meet your child’s needs
- Praise, worship and prayer focused on presenting the message of Jesus
- Hands on lesson activities that are enriching and developmentally appropriate
- Paired one-on-one paraprofessionals to provide individualized support
- Spiritual guidance and consultation
- Supportive relationships and open communication
- Hospital visits and advocacy
Compass provides a unique ministry experience for children with special needs and disabilities. We strive to deliver the Word of God in an uplifting and loving environment.
Our focus is always first, sharing the love of Jesus and demonstrating grace and compassion, while nurturing the diverse needs of our children.
Compass understands that families with special needs persons experience unique challenges in their everyday lives. It is our heart to be the hands and feet of Jesus as we serve these families.
We desire to come along side you in any way that we can including hospital visits, medical appointments and advocacy.
“…Build up hope so you’ll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind…”
1 Thes. 5:11 MSG
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 NIV